Home , � Indian Actress Monika Converts to Islam leaves film industry

Indian Actress Monika Converts to Islam leaves film industry



Chennai: The well-known Tamil film actress Monika who's known for her movies like ‘Azhagi’ and ‘Silanthi’ has converted to Islam and her new name's M G Rahima. The celebrity has performed in significantly more than 70 films as heroine and kid artist.

Monika’s father and mother are Christians and the actress says hereafter she won’t be performing in films. Monika also states that there isn't any selfishness in her decision to convert to Islam.


Monika began her profession as a child artist in Avasara Police 100. She is also popular in some other South Indian movie industries like Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.

She carried out a press meet at RKV studio on Friday where she said, “I began my career in movies from child artist, completed 70 films in Cinema Industry. I have done with your full assistance. The word thanks is insufficient for your affections”.

She added, “I don’t convert for the reason of love of money,i am not such a person. I really like Islamic concepts so that I converted to Islam. I will intimate about my wedding to media once it will be arranged by my parents and I truly thank to my father for his full support. I'm not convinced to change my name but I have changed my name , it's M.G.Raheema (M – Maruthi Raj (father), G-Gracy (mother)). Hereafter I will definitely not act in the film, it provides some pain but I don’t change my mind”


She has also released her photograph in ‘Hijab’

The actress included that she was intending to get married soon. The actress has also released her new photographs in Islamic Abaya.

Monika is the latest to join the camp of those people who converted to Islam, before her the Oscar winner music performer AR Rahman and popular singer Yuvan Shankar Raja had also converted Islam in recent times.



0 comments to "Indian Actress Monika Converts to Islam leaves film industry"

Leave a comment

You may also like